Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great day yesterday celebrating Easter with family, friends and the ones you love! Could not a been a more perfect day, and it was the nicest day of the year so far! It’s not everyday we hit 76 degrees in March.
I thought I’d start this week off right, after indulging
a little yesterday it’s all about getting back on track this week. After having a bit of a tummy ache last night and this morning I started scouring my Pinterest for an appealing soup recipe. So for Meatless Monday, I bring you Sweet Potato Chipotle Soup topped with avocado. Super simple, slimming and sexy. Can soup be sexy? Who know’s but here it is.
This recipe is a variation from Healthy Happy Life where everything is 100% Vegan… Right up Sarah’s ally!
Sweet Potato Soup (citrus and chipotle)
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (from a baked sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (more you add the thinner it gets)
- 1/2 cup plain/unsweetened soy or almond milk
- A pinch of orange or satsuma zest
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- Crushed tortilla chips
- For non vegans: sour cream and/or cheese
- Optional (and it looks like a good idea to me!): Canned white beans (blended in), cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne, lime juice (lime wedge served on side), parsley or chopped spinach served over top.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake your sweet potato until tender.
- Remove potato skin, add to blender along with the broth and non-dairy milk. Blend on low until smooth. Taste a drop to see that it is slightly bland at this point. Add the salt and spices to taste. I’m a huge spice fan so I will probably experiment with more here then lastly add the zest .
- Serve with garnish, avocado and/or selected toppings
Nutrition (per recipe):
Calories: 259kcal, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 47g, Protein: 12g
Happy April Fools’ Day!