You know those days when you’re looking for something healthy to whip up but you don’t have the time or the energy to put in the effort? That’s when I turn to Real Simple for an easy peasy recipe that still lets you pass as totally domesticated. This recipe is something you can throw together post-work and still impress that 6:00 pm company as if you cooked all afternoon.
- 5 large tomatoes, cut into eights
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Feta, crumbled
- crusty bread, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° and place the tomatoes in a large baking dish. Then spoon the olive oil and garlic over them.
- Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss. Roast on top rack of oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Feta.
- Return the dish to oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with the bread.
This is something that doesn’t require a lot of attention so you’ll have plenty of time to powder your nose and throw on something pretty while it’s baking!