We all know I have a killer sweet tooth. Lately we’ve been trying to keep the house pretty clear of junk food since it’s the holiday season and you already get enough elsewhere, and due to the fact if it’s there it’s
probably going to get eaten… By me. As much as I try to curb the bad habit of needing at least one sweet bite post meal, I’ve come to terms with the fact that it’s probably never going to happen. So this treat is something I can whip up without even having to stock the house with sinful indulgences. Intriguing right? Read on…
Frozen Banana Bars
Photo Credit: Under 400
What You Need:
- Non-fat greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt for a vegan treat!)
- Crushed almonds
- Popsicle sticks
- Optional: Honey, peanut butter, or a form of chocolate (ex. sauce, cocoa nibs, smashed chocolate chips)
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Mix the Greek yogurt and cinnamon together.
- Peel the bananas.
- Cut off one end from banana, then insert the popsicle sticks.
- Coat the bananas in Greek yogurt and almonds.
- Lay the bananas on the parchment paper and freeze for 45-55 minutes. The bananas will be creamy and firm, but not completely frozen (Careful to over freeze)
Optional: To make a bit sweeter chose flavored yogurt!
This is easy to throw together and if you cut the banana in half you can even save the other half as a breakfast treat. Quick, easy, tasty and waistline friendly… count me in!