Simple swaps and substitutions are an easy way to make healthy choices daily. If the above Marissa Miller isn’t thinspiration enough, here are a few skinny tips to keep in mind:
- When eating out, remove what is not necessary (ex. added butter, oil, dressing or even cheese)
- Use non fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Swap in raw vegetables w/ salsa and guacamole instead of always opting for chips.
- WHEN opting for chips try baked chips, homemade pita chips, or pop chips in place of regular.
Unfortunatelythere are many healthier options out there than cheetos and jalapeno chips if you do the research.
- Use hummus on your open-faced sandwich instead of mayo or mustard.
- Sautee veggies and meat in low-sodium chicken broth instead of oil
- For you IPA lovers like me, make it a treat and often switch to a lighter beer. A favorite of mine- Corona Light.
- Brown rice over white. (Dark carbs over whites= more filling!)
- Lemon is your friend! Add on salad to cut down on dressing, or on fish to cut down the amount of tartar sauce for dipping.
- Always select grilled over breaded or fried.
- As much as I love sushi and spicy foods. When ordering sushi avoid anything with the word “spicy” due to the fact it is typically a mayo based sauce. Remember more tips here!
These are just a few of the many skinny tips to keep in mind! More where this came from next Tuesday. Ohh and as of Friday I’m officially moving offices today… YUP Portland here I come! Sliiiiight 11 mile commute but hey maybe I’ll just run to avoid traffic!